Information and Service
Please make yourself comfortable and let us know if there is anything for which you’d like our assistance, to ensure your stay is as comfortable and pleasant as possible.
We hope that you will enjoy your stay with us and that we will exceed your every expectation in terms of ‘home from home’ comforts and conveniences.
Gunther and Balbina with Collen, Patience, Su Allen, Nancy and Eden.
Activities, Sport and Leisure
We’ll gladly assist you with any kind of your personal planning. Should you be uncertain about google, you’re welcome to ask us. Please see the Robertson Wine Valley map.
- Cool off in the pool, relax and enjoy a sundowner
- Watch and listen to the birds
- Be active on the Vita Parkour, play a round of boule or make your yoga exercises
- Walk the barefoot path for a free foot reflex massage
- Stroll through the lemon orchard and make a picnic
- Get a massage for body and soul by the travelling masseur
Our air con is naturally supplied by thick walls, shutter with insect protection to close and windows to open. The ceiling fan supports the air flow.
Please close windows and doors when it is too hot or cold for you and open them, if you like the outside temperatures.
Are offered on availability and on request at no costs.
We‘re fully licensed and our bar is well stocked. Please feel free to order by our service team or make use of the honesty bar in the guest kitchen.
Enjoy a nice sun-downer or Cappuccino in the garden.
Health and spa treatments can be arranged.
For a deeply relaxing holistic massage to soothe, balance and refresh mind, body and soul we recommend our experienced travelling therapists.
Athol Hay - 072 288 1112
Dr Marianne Verhoogt - 0718240399
The covered outdoor braai is available to our resident guests, if no dinner will be served and only by prior arrangement. It is exclusive for resident guests only.
- 2-5 guests - R 2 per piece of wood will apply.
- 6 + guests - A venue and cleaning fee of R50 per person will apply. This includes the wood.
Please do not disturb other guests.
We serve Breakfast from 7h30 - 9h30 in our tastefully furnished lounge or weather permitting in the lush garden.
- Can be hired by pre-booking.
- Mountain bikes can be hired at Van Loveren, Roam Rooiberg and Route 62 bikes.
Check in and Check out
Check in - 14h00 – 18h00
Check out - Until 10h00. Other arrangements can be made by prior arrangements.
Can be an unforgettable real African experience. Please contact reception.
Can be gladly arranged. (Cape Winelands, Cape Agulhas, Swellendam, Tulbagh)
Please see our menu.
- Medical doctors: Dr Naude & Visser 24 hr - 023 626 3006
- Dentist: Dr Le Roux - 023 6266648
- Physiotherapist San-Marie Burger - 023 6261058
- At the courtyard in Mc Gregor
- Green door for dancing in Robertson, Adderly Street
- Sportsman bar on a Saturday to watch a rugby game with the locals.
We live on the property. Please call first 076 1800 644 or knock strongly at the door of the reception.
- Ambulance - 10177
- Police - 023 626 8346
- Police 24 hour Patrol vehicle - 082 522 2704
- Fire Brigade - 023 626 5340 / 082 7707964
- Worcester Medi clinic - 023 348 1500
Please let us know if there is anything for which you’d like our assistance, to ensure your stay is as comfortable and pleasant as possible.
We’ll try to solve any whatsoever problem within 2 hours.
Your feedback is very much appreciated and we see it as a way to improve our services. If you want to share your experiences, we’re listed on: Holidaycheck, Tripadvisor, Travelground and Booking.com.
We don’t like the noise of a fridge in the bedroom. You’ll find it in the guest kitchen.
It includes ice. Please make use of the tags and container to mark your goods. You also find some cold drinks. Please note your consumption.
Game drives at Melozhori Private game reserve 072 4194933
Guest Kitchen (next to Braai)
It is fully equipped and you are free to store your drinks and perishables in the fridge. Make use of the well labelled recycling bins for separation of consumables.
18 holes Silwerstrand is nearby and we gladly can arrange bookings. 0236261090
Hair, Beauty, Nails
- Illusions (Hair, Beauty, Nails) - 023 6261692
- Glamourize Hair & Beauty - 023 626 6732
- Van Loveren Fisheagle Hiking and Biking Trails Arangieskoop Hiking Trail
- Vrolijkeid Hiking and Biking Trails
- Room Rooiberg Hiking and Biking Trails
Internet / Wi-Fi
The network is GUBAS DE HOEK
The Wi-F- Password is 16Reitz+45
Iron and iron boards are available. Please call reception 0236266218.
Discover the town. Stick are provided for free.
We prefer cash or EFT payments, obligatory on special rates.
Visa- and Master card are accepted.
Sorry, strictly no pets.
Enjoy a picnic in our garden or
Bring your own picnic at Springfield. They have wonderful wines.
Please make use of GUBAS postcards. Stamps are available at reception.
You’ll find the pool towels in the rooms.
- GUBAS DE HOEK meet eat sleep – see our menu.
- Bourbon Street – traditional South African 023 6266218
- Spur – Franchise family restaurant 023 6266349
- Four Cousins Bistro style with wine-tasting 023 615 1505
We’ll gladly assist you with bookings.
Robertson Brass Band
We support the Robertson Community Brass Band which was founded on 23 May 2003 by music lovers from the community with a common interest of music.
The main objective of the band is to promote the development of music in the community and to cultivate a love for it, particularly with the younger generation.
Our motto is “Friendship through music”.
We live on the property.
- Please knock at the kitchen/reception door or call - 076 180 0644
- Police Cnr Voortrekker – Barry Street - 023 626 8340/6
- 24h emergency vehicle - 082 522 2704
- Fire Brigade - 023 626 5340 or 082 770 7964
For your convenience in the garden. Like us and share us on the social media platforms. Did you notice our selfie board in the garden?
We’re also offering 2 self-catering units.
Please smoke only outside. Please smoke only outside.
Sustainable and responsible tourism
- Save water, re-use the sun-dried towels.
- Switch off lights and television when leaving the room.
- Make use of re-cycling bins. Use bags for shopping.
- All guests have access to our saltwater pool 3.25 x 7.35 m with a Martini bench.
- Opening hours 8h00 – 18h00. Closed in winter. It is surrounded by natural rocks.
- It is surrounded by stones. Please do not jump for your own security.
- Children have to be under the surveillance of their parents all times.
Please place your take away in the fridge of the guest kitchen and tag it.
Gratuities are welcome by our team for good service.
We can gladly assist you in any kind of planning. Please contact us.
Can be arranged - Please contact reception.
Enjoy plenty of entertainment with 4 local Channels, German TV and a shared DSTV channel.
Please press the following numbers for easy channel selection
- 1. SABC 1
- 2. SABC 2
- 3. SABC 3
- 4. E. TV
- 5. German channel
- 6. Shared DSTV
- 7. Extra Movie Channel
It is compulsory that all visitors must be registered at reception.
There is the Robertson wine valley safari and wine tours can be gladly arranged.
- We gladly do your washing same day.
- Please make use of the list in your room.
- In until 10h00 and back 16h00, weather permitting.
- We do not have a tumble dryer.
- Dry cleaning can be arranged.
- We’re in the Karoo. Please save water!
- Our 200 l geyser supplies hot water on a timer, which is set from 5h30 – 10h30 and 15h00 - 22h30.
- Should you require hot water to any other times, please let us know.