Guest house training
DATE 22-29 September 2014
NAME: Su-Allen Robain
DEPARTMENT – Intern marketing – Housekeeping
What did I do? Clean the guestroom including the bathroom.
Why did I do this? A friendly welcome, a clean room, a good bed and a good breakfast are the most essentials in a guest house.
I want to show the guest that I always go an extra mile to make everything comfortable for him/her, and I can always tell a guest in a proud way that I cleaned the room for him/her.
GUEST ROOM – The guest is departing
When you enter the room, open the windows –for fresh air.
- Check the cupboards- to make sure guests took all belongings.
- Take the bedding off the beds-to be washed.
- Clean cups and glasses -for the next use.
- Empty the bin-for when the next guests arrive, ready to use.
- Do the bed/s properly and neat-Ready to use for arrival guests.
- Check lamps-to avoid any problems with light when guests arrive.
- Dust everything off in the room-for neatness.
- Refill the refreshment bowl-If guests wants to enjoy a cup of coffee or tea.
- Switch television on and off again-to make sure the channels works.
- Clean the floor and don’t forget the corners – It must be clean at all times.
- Open the windows-for fresh air.
- Take out dirty towels-to put in fresh ones.
- Empty the bin-ready to use for next guests.
- Let water runs in the basin-to clean cups and glasses.
- Spray the toilet with liquid provided-for hygiene and bacteria reasons.
- Take the blue and white lappie to clean the shower and tiles inside the shower.
- Take the yellow lappie to polish all the taps, to let it shine.
- Dust everything off in the bathroom – the bathroom must be clean at all times.
- Brush the toilet with the toilet brush and clean then further with the pink lappie – for hygiene reasons.
- Use green lappie to clean all the mirrows – to let it shine.
- Polish the taps and the basin – for neatness and to let it shine.
- Make sure everything needed in the toilet is there for example toilet paper, tissues, tooth glasses, mirror, crème, soap, shower gel, shampoo and earbuds – guests is going to need it.
- Clean the floor, watch out for hairs – for neatness and it must be ready for the arrival guests.